Friday, June 03, 2005

Bummer Dude

This stinks that I have to sit out of a race because of an injury.I had everything planned and packed in the truck to go to Buck on thursday after work.But during the day my knee was hurting pretty bad.My decision was based on getting it well enough for this weekend for Wors #3.What makes all this worse, is that I'm feeling the best I've ever felt all year in terms of fitness.I did go to the doctor on tues. and he said it was a knee cap tracking problem.There's inflamation under the knee cap,and that pushes the knee cap away from the knee joint causing it to track wrong.It's the same thing that took Tom Danielson out of the Giro.The things he told me to do is ice it often,spin higher rpms, experiment with cleat position,and hopefully it will pass.Plan B would be a cortizone shot,which he doesn't really want to do.I can still bike at high rpms,but its the high torqe stuff that that stresses it a bit,and mtbing is all powering.
I did have a good time at Buck though,when I don't race I'm video coverage.I've always liked taking pics and video all through high school.So,tomarrow we head out to Afton to join Mike and Jeff for the training camp and scope out the course,then Sun. is Wis. Rapids.No knee problems (knock on wood)
I updated the South Dakota pics so check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home