Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Worksite hazards

My knee swelled up again monday.I don't know whats going on with it. I never injured it and I have very little pain.most of the problem is restricted movement.I'm going to the doctor when I get back from vacation,because thats the nearest opening.I just pray it doesn't give me trouble in South Dakota.So here I sit 2 days off the bike while Sam goes to the Opus crit.Oh,well as long as I get 100%by friday.
I'm back to work at Unisys and It's demolition time.We started a remodel in the conference rooms.So to my relief its all inside work.We filled a 30 yard dumpster full today with ceiling tile and everyone was thinking of what they could do with all the wood work we removed....oh,that would be nice in the basement.Chris's(my cycling friend) brother is one of the electritions there.Small world huh.
I have to explain myself to one of the security guards tomarow.I might be in big trouble.See,this guy comes up to me at the end of the day and tells me he was propositioned to ask me a question,and he's holding some money.I'm thinking he wants me to load up his truck with some of the material we were throwing away.But to my disbelief he says "are you single and available." At this point I knew just who it was that wanted to know.The security girl at the front desk.All day I was hauling material in and out and they have to buzz you through. I didn't want to ignore anyone so I would say hi and make smart remarks if she didn't buzz me through right away and maybe give a smile here and there,but nothing like mr. available.Anyway,I said no and kind of made it look like I was occupied.You know me I just try to avoid the matter and turn deep red.This has happened once before many years ago but this time I'm going to see her every day and she could leave me sitting in the cold outside.I'm just going to tell her thanks for the compliment and no hard feelings tomarow.I'll let you know if she maces me or beats me with her nightstick.Latter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home