Saturday, May 07, 2005

No bubbles or bacon...this time.


Ross sporting the hockey hair Posted by Hello

My aunt and grandpa hangin out after the race
Upon arrival it looked like we were going to be dealing with some mud.All during the citizen and sport race it was drizzly and rainy.Everyone was shivering in the cold.But as soon as we started to warm for the race it stoped.Staying dry for the warm up helped alot.
On the line everyone was there team Ski Hut was in full force. All the big dogs showed, along with quite a bit of Wisconsin's top guys.In all there were about 60 riders...I'm guessing here.
They routed us backwards this time from last year. So there was more climbing in the beginning.We lined up at the front and I had a very good start.At the top of the hill I was in the top 10 and I felt better than I expected my lungs that is. My legs couldn't really push the bigger gears that I would have liked to, so I found myself spinning a bit faster up the hills. It was tough mentally this time too,because people would catch me and I couldn't match em.They would just slowly pull away.Sam and Tim Norie caught me on like the 2nd or 3rd lap and I could hang with them for a while but they too pulled away. Then Ross passed me on the big climb on about the 3rd lap.He flew up that hill like a monkey being chased by a red hot poker.Now I wasn't feeling crappy the whole race,I would have peaks and valleys here and there,so I just took advantage of each peak.Another thing worth mention is that the temp rose about 15 degrees and the dewpoint rose alot.But I am glad it rained before otherwise it would have been dusty and looser.
In the end I ended up 22nd- 2:01:04,Sam got 20-1:59:48 and Jeff took 1st beating Doug by 4min... way to hammer Jeff!
I will be going back to work in another week or maybe sooner,but I called my boss and he said were starting an addition at Unisis.That job will last untill September.I'm happy because I can get my body into a routine and stay there instead of going here and there waking up at different times.A couple more plus's is that its a clean environment,they have a caffeteria,and its close to Lebenon and Buck Hill so I can do thursday night races.Sweet!
I got some pictures posted of the race.just click on my shared documents&links to the right of this page under my links.You'll come to my msn group page and then click on pictures on the left hand side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home