Monday, April 25, 2005

First race of the season!

Posted by Hello This was our first time doing the Dacorah race let alone a Time Trial. It was a long day in the end. We woke up at 4:30 ate quick, and out the door.We met up with Mike at Jeffs house and mike truck pooled us down there.Mikes truck is insane.Its a F-350 turbo with oversized tires,winch, and plenty of bike racks.And He drives it with authority!
Our start times were towards the end.So we had plenty of time to watch everyone else go.I think Paul Hanson gets the fastest start award.All I saw was a cloud of dust come up off the trail behind him and he was gone. Since it was dry this year they lengthend the couse to 11 miles but let me tell you that is some of the most difficult terrain I've ridden. The climbs were so intense,rocky, off camber,and long that it was faster and easier to run up them.Even Jeff had to run some in good traction conditions. The course designer messed with your mind to throw you off also.Like you'd come down the valley and be like "yes big ring here I come" then they send you back up another grueling climb,alot of times you'd find yourself in the wrong gear.The finish was fun tho It was an open big ring brawl, just cookin down a singletrack straightaway,then right at the finish was a little roller you could get some air for a photo. I didn't feel all that great out there but I'm happy with my results.I was only 3 min behind Paul which isn't bad for my fist race.
After the draaaaawn out awards cerimony I walked away with a $130 30 watt light for my bike,Sam won a floor pump and Jeff of course got the winners check.All in all I had a good time and I'm ready for the next one.I'll post a schedual soon.
/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home