Saturday, April 01, 2006


Posted by Picasa


We busted out the good bikes this week and did our first Afton loop on them.Oh,how light and nimble they are.The tables finally turned today too.Usually I'm the one glued to Sam's rear wheel most of the time.This time I was the one leading the way and I felt super good, especially the last 2 hrs.One of the best days so far this year.I also hit my record wattage so far-1,010 watts on the second hill out of Afton.I think with a little adrenaline flowing through the veins I can hit 1,100-1,200.Thats my goal anyway's. Its interesting to watch your wattage throughout a ride. Its harder to stay at a certain watt than it is to stay at a certain heart rate.And its easy to see the effects of drafting.The guy in front can be pushing 250+ while the guy in back is soft pedaling anywhere between 120-180.There is alot of information gathered on one of these things and the hardest part is knowing how to take that information and use it to taylor your training program,thats why I got the book "Training and Racing with a power meter" to help me understand the data gathered and put it to good use.It may still take a full season to experiment with it and find the optimal training plan to make me a stronger rider.

I gotta callthe boss yet today to see if I'm working at Valley Fair tomarrow.Today is going to be crappy,and I might get a chance to hang out with some former classmates.Should be good times.

Check this out. I think it will be a sad day in cycling when riders do a bike switch at the top of a mt pass for a 100lb+ bike.Might as well have them put on full face helmets and full downhill gear.I'm sure he got the idea from that Red Bull event where the gravity guys raced down a mt on rd bikes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the date on the press release from HED. Does that day ring any bells?

Sun Apr 02, 07:08:00 AM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

That was a good one

Mon Apr 03, 02:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So do you guys have matching alps front wheels for those?

My Stingers frickin' rocked Iowa last weekend.... but gettin' the Powertap laced into the rear woulda meant I'd be eating Ramen all summer.

(plus, getting a powertap laced into a tubular rim wouldn't have made much sense anyway0

Wed Apr 05, 06:47:00 AM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

NO matching fronts.Race day we'll have 303's on the front

Thu Apr 06, 04:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home