Monday, February 20, 2006

Gotta love the Minnesota weather

What a weekend huh,lots-O-Fun on the bike though.I was going to only ride 2 hrs on Sat. but I was staying warm and feeling good so I stretched it to 3.5hrs.If you dress right you can bike in anything.Get ready for this because this is what I had on from the bottom up...Lake winter boots with booties and insoles made for foot warmers,Ultimax socks,Freddies Choice warm-up extra,Assos FI-mile bib shorts,Rei midweight long underwear,Pearl Izumi flash tights,Gore windstopper tights,Craft windfront pro longsleeve base layer,Pearl longsleeve jersey,Craft layer 2 (don't know what its called)Craft courier jacket,Rei alpine ski gloves,Smith goggles,2 facemasks(swiched to a different facemask towards the end),and a partrage in a pear tree.Yes that makes for one wind sail bucking a headwind.Your probably picturing the Michilin Man riding down the street, right.All that clothing keeps your intensity in check though otherwise you overheat,I was perfect cruising around 155-160bpm.

Sunday after a bad nights sleep I took the day off.Everyone gathered at my cousins house for her daughters 2nd birthday.Halley is super cute and she flirts with me all the time, how fun is that.I loaded up on lasagne and cake with german chocolate cake flavored icecream mmmmmm.I could go for another round right now.Good times wit all the relies.

I bought some classic skis this weekend too.Andy at REI hooked me up with a good training ski,race bindings and boots all for $350.Sweet deal I think.I know we don't have snow but best to get it cheap at the end of the season.

Today was killer man.It was the first time as far as I know that I was late to work.Being a journeyman you can do that stuff now you know.Just kidding,I felt really bad though.See I had to be at work at 4:00 in Wayzeta which means I have to wake up at 3:00 A!....M!I set my alarm but it was set for pm.So I wake up at 3:45 and do a double take at the clock,CRAP! I never left the house so fast in my life.I was only a 1/2 hr late though,not bad for not having an alarm wake me up.I have this internal alarm clock that if I make a conscious memo I wake up pretty close to that time.The nice thing though is we can only work to 8:00 there, then go to another job,but we found out this morning that we couldn't work at the other job so they sent me home.Sweet! Long ride today.I did the Afton loop for the first time and it killed my legs, 4.25hrs in howling winds and hills all the way.Every time I went up a hill a gust would try and blow me down.Even up the Afton hill I was pushing a wind,whats up with that?.I did'nt bonk but my legs were getting sore and stiff.Its all good though, at the end of the ride when you know you made it.Anyway, Hollywood is going to put together my birthday present at Hed ind. tomarrow,so I'll be picking that up this week.Untill then,I am beat, I'm going to go lay down.wtyl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home