Thursday, February 16, 2006


What a hack! Posted by Picasa

teeter-toter

Its been a week already,wow.As you can see in the pics I finished what I wanted to on the obsticals.The teeter-toter works well.It slams down pretty hard.I hope nothing works loose on it.Now I wait for spring.

I worked in Hudson for 1 day then I went to Minnegasgo in Minneapolis for a day and now I'm in Edina working mostly on my own in an office building. Its gravy work, sheetrocking,setting door frames,ceiling grid,demo,ect. I have it good too-break area with a microwave,clean bathrooms and most important...heat.You appreciate that stuff more when you've worked without it. I keep some tunes playing on the radio because with nobody around it would get lonely.It makes the day go faster,and I seem to work faster.That Dome job is going and I might someday make it over there. I don't mind if I don't though.I heard its a rushed job and that they were thinking of running 2 shifts.No fun.

I hit the bike hard early this week knowing that its going to get cold this weekend.I did back to back 3hr rides.The first one I was feeling super.I did my local hill route into Stillwater with the burly Surly fully loaded.The second day was good but the headwind comming back from Forest Lake was brutal.I was feeling the bonk comming on quick so I stopped at the gas station and got a buck-fifty bonk buster....a can of Coke and 4 York peppermint patty cookies.I slammed it all in like a minuite and never felt better after that.That stuff went straight to the blood stream.The nice thing about the peppermint patties is that they still have their minty freshness when they go down the second time.Eeeeewwwww!Yesterday I did an easy 2 hr loop around the lakes,and today I will take it easy with an hr recovery spin on the trainer.
I feel confident in my training so far. I'm in alot better shape comming into the season this year than I was last year. I still have alot to learn in my training to find what works best for me. I am getting more relaxed about my training time. I used to get stressed about getting off work late,sitting in traffic,working far away,having a hard day,blah,blah.At the end of the day I would have had the same amount of time being stressed or not.Rushing in the end never bought me more time (if that makes sense). Getting stressed to ride and feeling obligated to do so much made it almost no fun to ride.Now I'm just relaxed more and enjoy the rides. I still have set hrs and goals for the week but riding is just more enjoyable.If I have to sacrifice some training time, so be it. As long as I take advantage of the time I've got ,I can make up for it some other time.At the end of the day I just love watching those sunsets go down on those backcountry roads. Besides cycling is suppost to relieve stress not create it-to a certain extent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

preach it brotha!

Thu Feb 16, 06:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home