Friday, March 10, 2006

Spring is in the air

The weather finally got good enough where I could break out the good bike today.Impecable timing too,right when I need to run my first test on the P-Tap.I made my first interval 8 min and the second 10 min. Looking at the graph afterwards I was much smoother and consistant on the second one.I still need to get used to the software and be fluent in its usages.It was a good ride though.On the way back I almost biffed it right in front of Adam Bergman.I was going south on Lake st riding with no hands and messing with my stupid mp3 player that keeps freezing up on me and a gust of wind almost blew me over.Right when he was on the other side of the street going north.How embarassing that would have been.

Speeking of testing did anyone read that article in Velonews an issue back or so about Taylor Tolleson.Talk about geneticly gifted.At 17 years old his LT threshhold was at 325 watts.This last year he was up to 425! Vo2 max was between 74and 78,with a naturally occuring hemacrit level of 52,which is well above UCI's upper limit of normal and requires a special exemption.Look for this kid in the pro tours soon.

Tomarrow looks crappy and the guys want to go for a long ride in the afternoon but H'woods party starts at 2 so I think we'll be passing on the ride and stick close to home in the morning.I gotta do my taxes tomarrow and see how big my rebate will be.Usually the government cuts me a nice sized check each year.

Next week starts build 1 for me and that means intervals.Now the real pain begins.Another thing I gotta do is think of some workouts to do.Personally I hate trying to do precise timed workouts that keep you glued to the time,unless its sustained efforts.But as far as intervals go you pretty much gotta pick a hilly route and just do the efforts as the hills come.Trying to remember a complicated workout formula just doesn't work for me.

A news cammera came into the suite today and filmed a bit.They set up right in front of Jose who was working on one of the coffers and I was in the back ground on a ladder in a room when they panned to the side.Channel 5 or 11 I think.Watch for me if you catch the news tonight.-wtyl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,
Cool blog. How many bikes do you own now?
Anyways, it's already really late, so I'll have to actually post something of substance another time.
It was nice to catch up with you and your family. Hope to see ya again soon,
Dylan

P.S. My email is falco4101@gmail.com

Fri Mar 10, 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

4, mabe 5 this spring.

Sun Mar 12, 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home