Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dome Days


Golf Show Posted by Picasa

Yep,back at the dome again all last week.It really was a drag at first because I had a crappy job to do. I had to clean up under neath the suite and tear out sheetrock to access some beam colums that we will be replacing. The Nasty, musty, mice crap infested insulation was horrible. That and it was hot under there in a confined space.It is a rushed job but we have enough guys there were I think we'll be ok.After that job was over it got alot better and I started to frame and rock.On friday we had to be gone by noon because the golf show was going to start.We would watch them set up everyday from the stands for break and lunch.One morning that really hyper morning lady for fox 9 news was there interviewing some people down on the driving range.You know, the one that interviewed the Nature Valley team for cyclocross this past season and where Scott biffed it big right in front of the camera.Ah, we also got to watch some Walker Texas Ranger one morning before work on the jumbo screens.I was laughing because I was thinking about the Chuck Norris Facts website durring all the fight scenes.You can't beat a CNRHK to the face. But anyway after work on friday I paid H'wood a visit and he sent me up to HED to pick up my b-day present. Hed just moved from White bear to right across our lake and within shouting distance from where Sam works.That is sweet.I walk in and they have a rack full of wheels lining the wall.They are pretty busy getting everything set up though.

Today was fun ,I took the day off again from riding and after church I went to the bike swap in St Paul.Good times seeing people I haven't seen in a while.Chris and Jen were there,Tim Norrie,Slim,Scott Harldson,Paul Hanson, and alot of other familiar faces.They had alot of nice stuff and some stuff just plain junk.I walked away with a unused top of the line wheel bag for $20.I wanted a few more items but I had no dough.Maybe next year I'll drag a bunch of our stuff down there to get rid of it.Today I also broke out the dirtbike and ripped out a few laps around the lake.There's only about 3-4 inches of hard snow which is perfect for rippin on.Still, it is a little scetchy in some spots.That tire diggs right through to the ice, so no hole shots.I found that you actually have more control keeping some speed up rather than putt along. I enjoy cornering the best,working the throttle and power slidding all over the place.Some studs would be nice though.Braaaaaaaamp!Braaaaaamp!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alittle off subject, but are you starting at Cat 5 on the road?

Thu Mar 02, 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

According to the rules everyone must start at cat 5.Even if your an elite mt biker

Sat Mar 04, 05:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home