Saturday, March 04, 2006

Going as planned

Yes sir, the longest week planned for this year on the bike is done for me. 18hrs is plenty for me.I felt it is as much as I can take without overtraining while working at the same time.I did take my off day mid week because I was so tired wednesday I could hardly see straight.I finished up friday and saturday with back to back 4 rh rides.Friday night for my b-day I was out riding untill 8:30 then went to the Greenmill with my parents and I ate 3/4 of a pizza.Then Sat. morning me and Sam did the Afton loop which was another 4 hrs.I actually felt pretty good once I got warmed up.Sam started off way too hard and I was red lining in the first few miles."Have you ever heard of a warm up".But the HR stabilized after a 1/2 hr or so.I really liked the night ride I took friday night though.It was a little chilly but I was prepared.No wind and a clear sky with a big bright moon.Night riding is so relaxing because you can't tell how fast your going. You just settle into an easy rythem and you can just let your mind wander.

Yesterday we went to the bike expo.Nothing much to see there.They had some nice product and venders but nothing like a QBP show.I did walk out with some Nike windtex gloves.Salsa was there and I took a look at the new Dos Niner.Its alot nicer than last year with a spec that I like.The only person I recognized was Steve Tilford.Where was everybody?

I was working at the Dome most of the week but not on the new suite remodel.I was down in the Gopher locker room putting up temp. walls for the NCAA tourneyments comming up.Then I worked in the Twins locker room relocating some lockers.Just picture the locker room in "Major League" and thats what its like.When my boss got done telling us what to do I put my arm on one of the 3, 50" Plasma screen tvs that were still in the box in the corner and said,"And one of these goes in the back of my truck,right."While we were working this dude starts bringing in all this expensive sound equipment.He brought in some nice subs too.I guess the room that we took out the lockers was going to be a recording room or something. They had replaced all the tv monitors in the concorses with flat panel HD monitors now too.That is alot of expensive tvs. Tomarow after I'm done at Center point energy I go back to the Dome. We got a bunch of misc. stuff to do I guess before the season starts.Anyhew, I'm looking forward to this recovery week and getting some stuff done around the house and ready for spring.The first race is only 6 weeks away!-wtyl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home