Saturday, March 25, 2006

Getting lost


Hey Pinocchio,where do you think your going? Posted by Picasa
Me and Sam got in a 5 hr ride finally.I didn't have a computer but I'm betting we were very close to 100 miles if not all of it.We did the usuall Scandia route but kept going north up to Osceola Wisconsin and came back on highway 35.Once we hit Summerset thats were everything got messed up and we were lost for a bit.At Summerset we took 64 west through town but when we met up with 35 again it was a freaking 65mph freeway with on and off ramps.We knew 35 is where we wanted to be at the end because Houlton and Stillwater were the next towns,but it ain't a freeway when it goes through them.We were both discombobulated and just thought Wisconsin is screwed up or something so we took the on ramp and went for about a mile. But we felt like we were riding down the interstate and I can just imagine what the drivers were thinking of us.So we got off on the next exit which was Co rd V."That sounds familiar".Which eventually came out on Co rd E and I knew where I was then.We took E into Stillwater and pinged the legs up olive st.With 4 hrs already under the belt those hills really hurt. My legs felt crump for a while but they recovered enough at the end and we both finished strong,sprinting the last climb at the end.Sam got me by about half a bike.No bonk on a 5 hr ride is a success for me.
Earlier this week I started ramping up the training and did 2-3hr very hilly rides followed by a day in the gym with some plyometrics.So going into todays ride I was a bit sore.
I've been all over this week finishing up some jobs we have for Menards.Monday and Tuesday I was at the Dome but we had to leave because of the NCAA tourneyments.Then I went to the Dundas Menards which brought back memories from last year,then Cottage Grove Menards,and ended at Maple Grove.Monday Its back to the Dome for the final push on the suite which has to be done by april 10th.
Sam bought a new bike.Its a Bianchi Velope.Kind of like my Surly for a bonk bike.So now his other beaters are up for sale if anyone wants them.He has a 17"Trek 970 mtb,and a 54cm Lemond Reno rd bike $60 take your pick.I'll put up some pics later if anyone is interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home