Saturday, April 08, 2006


Posted by Picasa Hey Sam, what did you think about that climb?



Going up

Going down
Me and Sam did one of our favorite hilly routes yesterday out in Wisconsin.We started at some friends house just outside of Hudson and went straight across on hwy 12 to Wilson just outside Knapp and from there we do about a 40 mile loop up and down through the valley.5 major climbs with 15%+ that take there toll on the legs.Throw in 3 dog chases and rolling hills all the way back in a headwind and you have a pretty tough day.83 miles in all and an avg of 18mph. No atomic bonk either.I feel like I'm starting alot stronger this year than ever before.I can handle a bigger work load from all the base miles and even though my legs get sore towards the end of a ride I can still pump out the watts.I don't feel like I'm overworking myself either,I've been taking my recovery days when I need them.

Speaking of the days,how about the weather lately.The ice came off the lake early this week,the frost is out of the ground,and I heard the loons for the first time this morning.I love waking up to them in the morning.This week every day will be in the 60's.I'll be packing away the hardcore winter clothing today and maybe get out and start cutting some singletrack.

Tomarrow is the final day for the new suite.I've been working there this last week and I think we'll finish it up in time.Last week my supervisor was totally wigging out because everything was going wrong for him.If you ask me he worries too much.There was a classic moment where I was working on the p-lam around the suite talking to the painter, and we hear loud, vehement cursing comming out of the bathroom.When we both look, a pair of safety glasses comes flying out the door.I just started laughing.He was in too much of a hurry drilling out a hole in the ceramic tile that he cracked it,now he created more work for himself.

Next saturday the races begin.Now that its here it seems the winter training has gone fast.I hope all that time will pay its dividens this year.It should be an exciting season.I wish everyone the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home