Sunday, July 10, 2005

It can only go up from here

Yep,crashed out again,but tis time I finished a lap.I was feeling pretty good too.After the prolouge start, where you go up the ski hill then down, then back up,I was sitting in 7th or 8th.At the top Ben portilla,and Brady Larson (I tink thats his name)passed but I held on and we had a group going with Sam on my wheel,Chris Fisher,Derek,Caleb Bonnet,and maybe a couple other riders.We all held our positions untill the "stairway Climb" Which is the last big climb before the end of the lap.Here we caught Doug Swanson, and Sam took the lead of the group while me and Doug brought up the rear.On a little steep climb the guy behind Sam made a mistake,making everyone have to dismount,but me and Doug took a different line allowing us to get buy everyone.I stuck behind Doug as he started to pull Sam back in.On the last downhill ("the Louge") I forgot how steep the drops were with super sharp turns at the bottom.I rode my front wheel down one of them and almost endoed again.I made it through a little shaken.I caught and passed Doug at the beginning of the first lap and told me to go catch my bro.I caught back up on the climb with Chris behind me.I thought we were set,we were all together and feeling good.Then it happened, going around the frog pond at the top of the hill I slid out on a corner.This can't be happening I said to myself.I slid out on my good side this time and banged my hip good.After I found my bar end I jumped on my bike but when I went to pedal the deraileur cage was up by my front deraileur.I'm done.After hauling my bike down the hill my hip was very painfull,to the point I could hardly walk.The medic scrubbed out some deep road rash below my knee.And I was glad I shave my legs.I have to say those Hollywood shorts are high quality because they made it through 2 crashes.What are they kevlar? My hip is feeling better already,its probably just bruised or something.Showering tonight is going to suck.It will feel like someone spraying me with alcohol.Sam did well again taking 7th and $50 home.He gets stronger every race.Jeff won today with about a 10min lead.Right now there is nobody in the midwest that can challenge him (if its a hilly course).
Next week is the important race,Wors Cup stage race.I'm taking 2 days off the bike and try ramping up at the end of the week,injuries permitting.Wish me luck

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the breaks. Now you just use that pent up racin' energy pulling my butt around the course.

Tue Jul 12, 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home