Sunday, July 03, 2005

Another one bites the dust

well I was looking forward to this weekend to see how well I'd do with back to back races.But thats not going to happen.I think I got the nastiest crash of the day award.It happened right in the start too.For no reason this guy goes down in front of me and there was nothing I could do. It was one of those moments that plays over in your mind that you hope never happens.But he went down, I hit his bike,and otb I went,flying over him.It happened right in front of my mom and Aunt too,man were they freakin out.I got up and nothing hurt too bad,and my bike was amazingly unscaved,so I took off shook up a bit.I caught the back of the pack at the bottleneck which was the worst I've seen.It was a standstill for like 30 seconds and no one was in a hury,so I was running through the weeds for a while.After a couple miles my wrist was getting pretty painfull as the adrenalin was wearing off, and I could hardly shift or hold on to the bars.I knew I was done for so I just rode at a liesurely pace back to DNF.This is my first DNF ever which is a pretty good record for my 3rd year racing.I have some road rash on my right side but the worst is my wrist and thumb which is sprained pretty bad.Justin's dad might have caught the crash on video. Paul Hanson will post it in my "Race Photos" link if he got it.
After the med. team scrubbed my wounds and gave me some ice,I got the camcorder and took some video.Sam did very good taking 20th overall and 7th in age. He had to sprint it out with Tim Norrie and Doug Swanson at the end.
I don't know whats going to happen now. I'll be off the mtb for a while untill my wrist can take the constant impact.Northfield is out of the question now, and it will be hard to be sitting on the sidelines.

last one down the trail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home