Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Trying to recover

Ever since my crappy race on saturday I decided to just take some time off the bike to get my legs feeling right again.I've been feeling like an old man,waking up sore,going to bed sore,moving slowly.All day my legs feel just like I had ridden 3:00+hrs.Very unusual symptoms of something I guess.Monday after trying to spin the legs out in the rain(which didn't help) I made up my mind to take 2 or more days off the bike.For me history shows that when I have taken extended days off the bike I come back really strong. i.e.-last year before we went out to South Dakota I had that knee problem which forced me off the bike 4-5 days the week we were going to leave.After a day or two of light riding and being a little stale I had the best week of my life.Every day on the climbs I left Sam in my dust,and my legs never said no.I was totally suprized.Don't ask me why.This weekend will be the last road race for us (except the withrow TT) before gearing up for mtb season.So I'll have a couple of weeks to make a comeback before the MNSCS.

Since I talked about South Dakota,I'll put a plug in for that.This year we are planning on heading out there the week of the 4th of July.We loved watching one of the best fireworks shows in the country out there,and the military flyby's are awesome.Every year we base camp at Kemps Kamp in Keystone and ride our favorite routes from there.For something new this year we were thinking of taking a couple days and ride the Big Horns since its only a few hrs farther with much greater elevations.(If anyone knows any nice rides there let me know).And maybe another ride in the badlands if its not too hot.On the way back we are going to hit the Mankato mtb race which works out perfect.
If anyone is interested in going let me know.I want to bring a nice group with if possible.I have my 5x8 enclosed trailer this time so I can haul some extra gear.We make gas and campground fees pretty much the only expense.We live out of canned food most of the time.If you have any more Q's let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home