Sunday, April 23, 2006

Durand

The day started out cold,cloudy,and little wind.Sam had pre registered with the 4/5/citizen class but that was full on race day so I raced the 3/4 class.One more lap for me making it 54 miles.A little drama to start out like when everyone started staging I noticed I had a flat rear tire.Luckily I brought another wheel set so I quick changed it out.

Not alot to talk about in this race.It was slooooooooow.Nobody wanted to do anything and the organization was zero.The thing that struck me was the dude that made a solo break within the first couple miles and soloed it all the way for the win.That just tells you how unorganized everything was.There would be a surge for a few hundred meters,then slow to a crawl because the front would sit up and wouldn't let anyone pull through.I think after 2 laps everyone forgot about the dude on a solo because he was out of sight.The third lap a few guys broke away and were creating a big gap so I tried to get something going with Wenk on the last lap but nobody would help out.My legs were feeling like crumb buckets all day,So I couldn't pull off a spectacular bridge or break myself.I was suprized that I was able to keep up with the main group on the climbs because I was hurting so bad and going so slow.One of my team members was out ahead of the main group in the last few miles so I kind of sat back untill the end sprint when a GP guy went and I jumped on his wheel.It was too early as we both popped on the last hill to the finish,and the main field sped past me and I rolled in.I haven't seen results yet so check skinnyski.Either way It was kind of good for me that the field was going so slow because I felt like what they were spraying on the fields that morning.Making it without getting shelled out the back is a good day I guess.Its all a learning experience this year.Maybe next week will be my race. -EO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home