Sunday, May 21, 2006

Eriks Spring Cup


Posted by Picasa
Some days your the hammer,and others your the nail.I was the latter this time around.I knew the start would be my weakness and I didn't know what to expect so I just gave it what I had.After the starting prologue I was at the tail end of a big group which included Sam,Todd M,Jay Richards,Josh S,Brady Larson,Paul Hanson, to name a few.I hung on for the first lap then got dropped when everyone fought for position at the start finish area.I kept the group within 20 seconds for the next lap and by the 3rd lap they were gone and I picked up Josh who had burped his tire in a corner.He then pulled me up to Jay Richards who also got shelled off the group.For lap 4 I was pulling untill I hopped my pedal on a corner and Josh took off while I regrouped with Jay.I pulled Jay around lap #5 and he thought we were on our last lap.Nope 1 more and I let him take over.He was putting in some surges to try and get away in some spots but I was riding comfortably behind him.Then it happened.One quick movement and my quads started to cramp.Every time I stood up on a surge I was on the verge of making that muscle freeze up on me.So I just did what I could to stay in contact.At the end Jay took an easy sprint with me behind him in 17th place.Thats the way it goes I guess.

The road racing payed off for Sam though and he was able to keep up the pace with Todd and the other big ring junkies.He rolled in 10th place.Just 5 min behind the winner Doug Swanson.Thanks to Skinnyski for the sweet pics and all our family members who made it out to the race.I hope Jason will race someday.
Wish I could write more but I have a big concrete pour at underwater adventures tomarrow morning and I gotta get up at 4:00am to make it on time.Nothing like the feel of a fully loaded wheelborrow of mud in the morning to wake you up.-EO

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep you head up, there always another day.

Mon May 22, 06:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home