Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Barn was looking so good with the natural cedar,but then....


Posted by Picasa


The painters go and do this to it.What a color for an ice cream barn.

All the news channels have been out previewing the new ride at valleyfair which is right next to the icecream barn.The "Extreme Swing" runs on compressed air to swing the massive arms back and forth.I also got wind of some top secret inteligence about their next new ride.It sounds pretty big.
Yesterday Sam,Chris,Brendan,and me went to check out Harmon park.We got almost 2 laps in when the sky opened up and poured on us.Oh ,well.When we got back Jen cooked up some steaks with some pasta salad, mmmm.We all didn't care for it that much. The course has no character to it at all.Not one climb in it either.I hope they have a plan for a start finish area and more parking space other than the small school.The laps are 5 miles long and screaming fast cornering.Maybe the KX 125 should be the weapon of choice.Mua ha,ha.Chris timed 17 min laps last week.Bring your lap counters people,because when your half out of it, you will forget what lap your on.

The Dos Niner is almost ready and will get it this week some time.Pics to come.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No climbs? Sounds like my kind of course. I'll be going for big money in Madtown though.... $1k at the finish and $500 in primes....

Thu May 11, 05:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, I know this is random. But I was at Valleyfair today for the Physics stuff, and I had thought I saw you working on this barn, but I didn't know for sure. And Dylan had told me you had this blog a while ago, so I looked it up, and sure enough you had pictures of it.
But anyway, just dropping a comment to say hey, and see how you are doing.

-Kaidra

Mon May 15, 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

You should've stopped in and said hi.What was I doing? We weren't pulling the typical 4 guys standing around watching 1 guy work,did we? See friction is what kept my feet firmly planted on the roof. if I had lost that friction my body would have hit the ground with an equal and opposite reaction that would have hurt very badly.

Tue May 16, 02:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were hard at work when I saw you, lol, and yeah, I believe you were on the roof. Have you been working at valleyfair for a while? I'm actually going back on Friday again to partake in all the joyful valleyfair activities that i possibly could enjoy.

Tue May 16, 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

There is a chance I might get friday off but I think its slim.If I'm not in the barn I will be shingling a roof comming off one of the storage buildings just west of the final corner on the High Roller.if you take that one roller coaster with the pink mouse cars look down when get to the top and you'll see a shed roof comming off a building.I might be sunning myself on the black tar.

Wed May 17, 06:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home