Sunday, October 09, 2005

Remer


. Posted by Picasa
We had perfect fall weather this weekend and it made for some good times.After having some troubles with a flat tire Sam finally got it fixed and we went for a ride to see if we could make it from our cabin to where I was last weekend with my cousin.We made it about pretty far but then we had to turn around at a large marsh.Now that I know the trails I think I can make it next time by taking some detours.There were mud sections every 100 yds from all the rain.At first we were hesitant beause you didn't know how deep it was or what was in there,then we got pretty confident and went for it.

I went hunting sat evening and got 2 grouse.There are birds everywhere up there but most of the time you don't have a gun.We also preped the deer stands and scouted around a bit.Its looking very promising this year as we saw deer everywhere.The exciting news is there is a massive buck in the area.Sam saw him first on his morning run, then I saw him this morning when he jumped across the road right after Sam took the hole shot pic.Its been a couple decades since there has been a buck that big in the area.He has a huge rack too.Sam said he's around a 10 pointer but the tines are long.4 more weeks untill opener and I'm optimistic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay Richards said...

"went for a ride" do you mean mountain bike ride or ween ween ride.

I have seen a bunch of grouse as well, but only when running or riding.
Saw a ton of ducks today. Hopefully can get out one day this week and have a meal.

Good luck tracking that 10 pointer.

Mon Oct 10, 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

Bramp! Bramp!

Tue Oct 11, 04:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home