Friday, September 30, 2005

TGIF

Yes, thank God its a friday.I've been at Center Point Energy in Minneapolis early this week preping their 60 windows that are getting replaced.Then they switched me over to St Barnabas Lutheran church in Plymouth Thurs,and today.Today started out horrible.We were in a big rush to form up two columns.We were pouring both the footings and the columns themselves at once.It was just me and the sup. doing everything including tieing the rebar.The columns were roughly 4x4x6.You'll be suprised how much work goes into forming concrete,especially when you make your own forms.Anyway we only had a quick break at 10 and the rest of the day was go go.We must have pleased the concrete gods because we didn't have any blow outs at the end of the day.

Me and Sam also tried a little cyclocross action on wed. night.That was a blast but different racing under the lights.I felt fine but had to keep reminding myself to back off a bit because I was feeling a head cold.Sam beat me in the sprint and we were running about 4 or 5th behind Doug,Bjorn, Dan and maybe someone else.Of course they were way ahead of us, and we were at the head of the chase group.I think I'll be doing as many of those as possible.

I'm going up north with my cousin and his brother-inlaw.Were going to do some wheelin and maybe get a few grouse and squirls.Wrap them grouse in some bacon, serve over wild rice, and put a little squash on the side and you have a kickin meal!
Have a nice weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home