Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Finally got a 100 miler in

Yep the 1st century ride this year was Sun.It was a beautiful day for a ride and we felt good on the bike.We did the first 70 or so miles avg just over 20mph.I'm doing better on the flats right now than on the hills but thats good because the rest of the races are mostly flat.At about 10 miles to go both me and Sam were totally wasted.I don't think we could have done one more hill.We didn't bonk or nothing, our legs were just out of juice.Our time was 5:30 hrs-106 miles.My calorie counter read 4800 calories.
Sat we went to the fair and walked around a while.I liked the very nice trucks on display the best.I'll post some pics in my album along with the 24 hrs of Afton race.After the fair we headed over to Afton to check on the racers.It was the final hrs and everyone was feeling it. Chris,Brendon,Ben M,and Ben P put in a good race and came in 2nd behind the all pro team of Penn Cycle which included Dano,Jesse Rients,Ian Stanford,and Andy Minor.Penn almost lapped them but they held them off by putting in some good efforts at the end.Chris's light went out at the top of shady lane and that cost them alot of time,and Ben P.had to do a double lap due to radio difficulty.Good job though to everyone who suffered through and finished.
Yesterday I had to run the partner saw all day cutting concrete out of the sidewalks at the Metrodome.Man what a drag,and being all hunched over, my back and hamstrings are in need of some waterjets, so I'm off to the hot tub to soak.See ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home