Sunday, August 07, 2005

About time!

Yep,I finally put one together and accomplished one of my goals this year-finish in a cash spot.It was a long time comming and it all worked out.I can't tell you what a mental booster this was for me, especially after such a tough couple of months.I could tell on the warm up my legs were feeling better and I was going to tell Mike but I didn't want to jinx myself by telling anyone.Off the start I stuck with Sam and Chris,but everyone messed up by not taking a turn for a prolouge lap So the last 3/4 of the field had to slow up to let the leaders come down a hill and back up to the front.They didn't string the tape right and didn't have anyone to direct the riders.It's a good thing some poeple prerode the course and yelled to go the right way.Through the first lap I was hanging with Sam and we kept Chris within 5-10 seconds in front of us.On the second half of the main climb on the second lap we closed the gap and passed him.I was feeling better so I took the front for the next lap or so because Sam wasn't feeling it.Then on the next lap Sam turned on just like that and I was struggling for a bit just to keep his wheel.We had perfect teamwork going.It seemed when he felt a surge I would have a valley and vice-versa.So we were pretty much even for this race and rode the whole thing together.At the end Sam pulled me up the last two climbs and let me take the lead for the final descent,being I needed the points more than him.We ended up comming in together.Me taking 7th and Sam 8th.I just made the payout too.Sam's been making the money lately at the races so like I said its about time for me to put my hand in the pot.
I did change alot of things this week,training,diet,and the workout the day before the race.Hopefully I found my formula and it works for the races comming up.Its hard to believe but we only have 4 races left in the season.Man,the season went fast.The nice thing is we have a week of recovery in between the rest of the races.I am so relieved I'm back on the upswing though.And I know I can feel even better for the next race.
P.S I posted some new pics too in my race photos link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first money win!!!! Keep up the good work, hope I can keep your wheel soon so I can get paid too.

Mon Aug 08, 09:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home