Saturday, August 13, 2005

Turtleman tri weekend


Eric Thompson showing the tri guys what mountain bikers can do. Posted by Picasa
Angela showing off the swim cap.Come on, put it on for the camera!
Yesterday me and Chris went riding at Lebennon.It was going good,we went at a pace that we could still talk and just rode for a good time.Then 2 dogs started chasing us through the woods on what was suppost to be our cool down loop near the parking lot.Dude the adrenaline was flowing full force.Chris slowed down and said "GO!".One dog stoped to harass Chris while the other one continued to chase me.I was hallin so fast through the woods,weaving through the trees and ripping through the corners.That dog was right on my wheel and I didn't want to give him a chance to nip at my leg.I was yelling to the lady to call her dog but he wouldn't listen.I finally got to the parking lot.,after about a 1/4 mile sprint through the woods when the dog finally got tired.I went straight to the truck to get my mace but it never came back.I was so pissed off at that dog,man I wanted to teach him a lesson he wouldn't forget.People train your dogs to listen to you or they don't deserve to live! The funny thing is I would have had that mace with me on the trail because its on my pack which I was going to take with for the helmet cam,but I couldn't get it to record.Murphys law I guess. After that Me,my mom,and Sam went down to the Dakota county fair to watch the demo derby with my long time teacher and principal. There weren't many cars this year and they seemed to be holding back on the big hits which is a bummer.
Today was our hometown triathlon the "Turtleman".I don't know why but I have been in the race for the past two years and decided not to do it this year.The first year I found out I made it in the day before the race and I quickly learned I can't swim. Especially for 1 mile! The second year I was on a relay team.Angela (pic above) swam,Sam rode the bike,and I ran.We got like 7th or 11th in the co-ed division. Today Me,Sam,and Chris cheered on Angela and Eric Thompson before our ride of the day.Eric's team took 2nd in the co-ed division with their oldest member being 17 years old! He also won the whole Spinnervals dvd training set at the schwag give away.
Tomarrow is a sit and relax day for me.I need to plan for next weekends grueling races. Ore-to Shore's 48 mile point to point mtb race,followed by Spirit Mt's Powder Monkey race the next day.This will be unarguably be the toughest weekend this year for us.
I went and got my new trailer today and will be picking up my dirtbike on mon. I'm thinking about bringing it with on the trips where I might be able to ride it.See ya out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home