Friday, November 14, 2008

State Cross




I built some new wheels for cross. I put some Ardennes on my old WTB disc hubs. It was a 32 hole hub and a 24 hole rim so I had to do the rare crows foot pattern and skip a hole every fourth. It looks neat. I almost had to tear down the front and do it over because the spokes stacked up on top of each other left no clearance for the disc caliper. I ended up shimming the rotor towards the fork and maxing the float in the caliper. I have about 1mm clearance between the red pad adjustment knob on the caliper and the spokes. I cornered hard with it and tried to make it rub but it turns out to be OK. Total weight for the wheelset w/o skewers is 1570 grams. If the conditions are right I hope to race these tomorrow otherwise I go with the 26" wheels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home