Sunday, November 09, 2008

It happens every year. Whenever I get back from up north I see a big buck up close and personal. We did get 2 deer this weekend. My dad sat down in the stand and 30 seconds later 2 deer come walking in range. He got both, one a small male fawn and the other a fork horn with a nice sized body. I didn't see anything...that is until I got home. So I went for a run this evening when the sun was going down through Snail Lake park. I was running along an 8 foot wide gravel path when around a corner a big 6 pointer is walking towards me. He stops for a couple seconds to look at me and I wait for him to put up his flag and run away with a snort like all other deer. Not this one. He was too busy chasing skirts. He just continues straight towards me and I'm the one backing up. I couldn't believe it, here I am on one side of the path and a big buck is 8ft away from me on the other side and doesn't even care about me. He went up into a field with his nose to the ground searching for a hot doe. Those bucks get pretty stupid during the rut. I had a good time in the woods though. Its so relaxing to take a weekend and do that. Now I have to get back to the routine. The Oval opened up today. Tuesday will be my first day on the ice for evening practice. Time to break out the skates and sharpen them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home