Monday, October 20, 2008

Ham Lake




I brought the Bandito out of retirement this weekend at the Ham Lake cyclocross. I put a cheap surley rigid fork on it which makes it snappier. I did the B class. I knew I had power from the speedskating exercises I've been doing but I haven't breathed hard since Chequamegon. I maybe ride once or twice a week now too. My goal was to see if I could finish with the lead group. The course was flat as a pancake with long straight ski trail sections and a long paved section. There was only 1 set of 3 barriers we had to jump. It was not a mtb course at all. I stayed with the lead group and the closest I got to the front was second. I wanted to make a move after the pavement section and try to break it up more on some of the corners but everyone would accelerate before going into the dirt and even then it was just too flat to get away. Lap traffic on the last lap made it difficult to get around too. I was happy to come in 5th or 6th anyway and had a fun time. I might try at least one more before the season is over. Ice time is coming quick.
Sam did the A race and was way back. He got 5th at Wirth last week but the course was more mtber friendly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home