Saturday, October 04, 2008


The elder(ly) showing the youngin how to jump rope.
Floyd hadn't jump roped on his new hip yet. He proved he still has the technique down.

Secret training grounds. This is the first time for Sam in the garage.
I get a new training partner starting this week. Eben is coming back from Salt Lake to train at home for World's qualifier in October. Its good to train with better people.

The cycling blogs are slowing down that's for sure. I bike about twice a week now and not for long. My mind is occupied with other things anyways so I don't even think about it really which is good. Went fishing yesterday to try for some muskie but no dice. Lakes are 1.5-2 feet low this year. It must be effecting the fishing this year. Today I set up my cousins computer and went down to the minneapolis rowing club open house. Patti has been killing it in the boat. She won 2 races in the National Championship out in California a month or so ago and she won 3 more in Iowa last week. She showed me the proper rowing technique and showed us (Floyd, Sam, Janet, Laura, and me) around the boat houses. Floyd is an alumni from the rowing club back in the 60's. He likes that his team has such a variety of sports that everyone is involved in. He's a strong believer in cross training. If you over train in a sport you lose the excitement when it comes time to compete. If you don't feel like racing anymore its time to put it away for a while.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home