Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tune up

Saturday Sam and I went up to Elk River to ride the course that we'll be racing this sat. on arrival Sam realized he forgot his shoes. I told him right before we left not to forget them too. The local Ramsey Bike shop made a few dollars on some forgetfull people that day because another guy had to go to there for the same reason.He was 4 hrs from home. Sam has some Nike shoes for sale now, size 41. We did 4 laps at Elk River and Sam took off on the last lap easily dropping me. I wish I had a full suspension that place is pretty rough with all the roots. Sam's technical abilities are on par now. He really likes the Fuel, it rides alot better than the Salsa through the twisties. I wasn't feeling the greatest I took the previous day off and I feel better the day after a good ride. After Elk River we went up to St Cloud for yet another 2.5 laps. We stuck to the race course that we knew and didn't stray off anywhere else, but I know there are other trails around.Some day Kyia needs to give us a tour. The days total was 4.5 hrs. 50 miles of pure twisty singletrack.
Saturday night it hit me again. I came down with one of those nasty 12-24 hr bugs. The only energy I could muster was to go to church and visit my grandma in rehab (she got a new knee last tuesday). I came home and crashed on the couch with nausea, headache, and muscleaches. I couldn't move at all. I went riding for the first time today since and I'm stale. It takes a few days to feel completely over these things even though they just hit me for a day. I opted out of the group ride today. I need to be back to 100% for this weekend- first race of the season for us, should be exciting. The last time I raced this course I got 4th and it was my 1st expert race ever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric...Silly Eric...No one makes MY LIST unless they are old fools...So if you and Sam stay in the game for another decade or so...I promise that I'll get the both of you guyz on THE LIST :)
Charlie

Thu May 03, 06:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home