Friday, April 13, 2007

Tech report-kind of

If you like the I-pod as much as I do to keep sane during those long rides, your going to love the Belkin Sport Command.This is the best accessory for sports enthusiasts.Its a wireless remote for your I-pod.It was developed for snowboarders in mind but is also just as good on the bike.I got it in the middle of winter and it has worked flawlessly in the cold and wet.The nicest thing about the controller is that its washable and water proof,and the buttons are controllable with big gloves on.I no longer have to dig for my I-pod in the back of my jersey when someone wants to talk or when I want to crank some motivation.Obviously you can't access the menu but you can turn the player on and off with it. I highly recommend The product.




I found a new favorite training tire.The Michilin Speedium tire has been holding up nicely in the spring road debris.I'm always one for a deal,at $11.00 a tire (on sale at performance) you can't go wrong.Weighing in at 300 grams its no lightweight but there are alot heavier tires at a higher price.For training a heavier tire with more rubber is better anyway, they don't flatten off nearly as fast.They role really nice and if you get caught in some rain its heavily siped.I've ridden through alot of road debris and glass and I don't even have any slits in them (knock on wood). A name brand tire at an off brand price is a score for me.
Oh,and good luck to all the racers at Oxbow this weekend.First race for alot of people.Sorry,not going this year.Not ready for that fast pace action just yet.Going for a nice 90-100 miler instead and going to work on that tan line.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Farrow said...

Eric...ride OXBOW you wimp...I am "riding" not racing it, in fact I might ride my 29er...Come spring, a man needs to get out and blow out all that muck deep within ones lungs from Winter isolation...itz suppose to be beautiful tomorrow, this is the perfect venue for such a spring cleansing!...I do have bad news...no Maplelag for me as my wife has to work the whole weekend
:(
Charlie

Fri Apr 13, 02:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home