Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Training

MILES has been the theme for the past week.I got in a little over 21 hrs on the bike last week.3 rides between 4-4.5 hrs and one 5.5 hr ride. Everything has been low and slow.Low intensity = slow speeds. Except for the 5.5 hr ride, I was riding solo. I think its best to go solo right now because I can go at my own pace otherwise it could turn into a hammerfest. Not only that but the bonk bike is in full effect.Lugging around my 28lb luxury sedan with a 5lb backpack on is hard work.On these long rides I try and incorporate high cadences. Alot of times I'll shift to one gear higher than normal.My normal average cadence is around 90rpm so doing this puts me at about 100 rpm.Going slow also gives me time to think about my pedal stroke.I can concentrate on making circles instead of holding the wheel in front of me. I plan on a couple more weeks of this until I start some group rides and kicking it up a notch. Hopefully my plan works out and things go smoothly this year.I found its alot easier to recover sitting in the classroom than walking around all day hauling stuff.I found out last week that I can't take a full day off in the middle of a couple long days like I could in the past.The ride after a full day off,my legs started to seize up.I think it would be best to spin on the trainer for 45 min or so instead of doing nothing like I once could. If you want to know how the pro's train, take a look at local pros Paul TJ and Jeff's site. I wish them the best this year. They are putting in alot of hard work. Oh, and be careful out there Ian had a close encounter yesterday and is lucky to be alive.There Are people like out there who picture us with a target on our backs.

Take a good look.You won't see this too often.I convinced Sam into having a Coke after 5hrs of riding.I like washing down a few York peppermint patty cookies with a can myself.Best bonk buster I know.The peppermint patties also give you that minty freshness in your mouth too.

This is how Hollywood opens up a bottle of wine. Silver Cycling had their party at his store friday.Everyone stocked up on some items and some of the team members picked up their new frames.Good times.RSD-Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home