Saturday, February 17, 2007

Let the Games Begin

This week I'm going to switch over to the bike and start the base training. Last year I started Jan 1st and was putting in 3-4 hr rides till spring.It was a warm winter and I felt to good to early. This time I'm going to try a different approach.Recently I've been skating 2-3 times a week ,mixing in a ride here and there and skiing. Now that he cold weather is gone I'm anxious to get back in the saddle. I made up my racing calander today and it seems there isn't too many races. We don't plan on doing much road racing if any this year. One big block in the season starts with the France trip, then the weekend after that is the Ore-to-Shore,Welch double header,finally ending with either Spirit Mt or Wors cup stage race.I don't know if I'll want to drive down to the wors cup after all that traveling. I'll have to see how the season is plays out to make that decision.
My project as of late is making a waxing profile sample for John Thompson who owns skijor now. He said he would be interested in selling them next season. There are so many ways you can build these things and most of the big companies i.e. Swix have all kinds of attachments and models. Here at our house we just fastened it to a table with turn knobs. But if you want it potable you need to get a portable table or legs for it.I have all summer to figure it out,but who knows this could be my winter job next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home