Saturday, January 06, 2007

What does 2007 have in store?

Thats a question I'd like to know too.Well 2007 holds some huge changes for me.As of Wednesday of this last week I am no longer a carpenter.I gave my 2 week notice last Friday and that put me at the top of the list for a layoff when it got slow, and thats exactly what happened.But it turned out to be good because I need the time to get everything ready to go back to school.Thats right I'm hitting the books once again.I'm going to Century College for an Associate in Arts degree then transfer into another College a couple years from now.I'm thinking maybe an engineering degree.I was always good at math and science in high school.I'm getting a bit excited, I kind of miss the books.
I know this will be a shock to many but I didn't want to say anything untill it was written in stone.
As far as a job, I don't know yet.I have to see how much time I spend at school to get an idea at what kind of hrs I can handle.When Summer rolls around I'm hoping I can get a job at Hed since they're right across the lake from me.Sam will still have me beat by a block for a shorter commute though.The nice thing about having a carpentry background is I can do side jobs.I already have a guy at church that wants me to help build his house this spring.
I still plan on racing this summer.I don't know how much training I'm going to get this spring but I'll utilize my time as much as possible.
Thats a little sneak peek at what my plans are for the next year another big adventure.

Don't forget to attend the 07 Twin Cities Bike Swap I spent a good part of the day pricing and going through all the cabinets.I didn't realize how much stuff we have.To give you an idea, we're selling 13 wheels, 5 bikes,a frame,5+ pairs of shoes,stems,seatposts,forks,tires,ect.Chris, Brendan,and Ben are contributing to the stack too.I told my mom I sould make a sign that says "All proceeds will be put back into the cycling industry" (for the other guys anyway).The tables will be full thats for sure.So come on down and spend some dough.After all, I need the money for college.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with school, best decision you'll make in your life.

Tue Jan 09, 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home