Saturday, December 30, 2006

Now Spring is Back

Pack races at John Rose Ice Oval


Rain,snow,slush,rain again,freeze,ice.Make up your mind mother nature.The frost is once again comming out of the ground and its getting muddy,I wanted to go ice fishing tonight but now its raining what gives?The ice is deteriorating fast.They are forcasting 46 degrees on Thursday.Heck I could break out the motorcycle...in January.I remember a few years back me,Chris and Matt Gutowski went riding for his birthday Jan or Feb 5th I think it was and the temp was 50+ degrees.We need snow soon and lots of it,for the ski resorts sake.
The ice oval has been fun and this past week I met a girl that Mike Hall is or was coaching,and a fellow Silver Cyclist.He is a big time roller blader and went on the last France trip to the Alps with the club.I watched the pack racing at the oval today.Not many people.Less than an expert mtb race.I want to give it a shot sometime.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that...it was 2 years ago this Feb. 5th. We have only had about 5 inches of snow so far this "winter". I got the new ride this week too, ah new toys are fin. Have a great new year, say hi to Sam for me.

Sat Dec 30, 03:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, It is Rebecca Grissom from the Oval How much did those skates cost..Gear West right? Nice to meet you. Are you in a church band? I love Christian music too!!

Thu Jan 04, 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Eric O. said...

Gear West for around $200.If you want a real pair,the cheapest is at Pierce skate and ski,a couple blocks past Hollywoods store off 35w and 98th st (go east on 98th)
They have Zandstra race boots and Ballangrud blades(the same blades that you had on the rental skates)around $460.Or you can try Adamsinline
for some used stuff and some expert advice.
I'm not in band but my brother is the "little drummer boy" at our church.

Fri Jan 05, 06:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home