Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Daily ramblings II

I wish we had some decent snow around here.If its going to be cold we might as well have the snow so we can do something.Because there is hardly any place to ski its hard to get motivated to get outside in the cold.Though last year I started the tradition to bike on the coldest day of the year just to say I did it,it was -7 with a -25 wind chill 3.5 hrs in the saddle.Me and Sam have been hitting the river bottoms on the weekends.In the past the mtb have stayed in the basement all winter.I'm pushing back the start to my base miles.Seemed like last year I felt too good too soon.I'm not going to hit the bike hard until late Feb. this year.Me and Sam go to the ice oval here and there when the ski conditions go down.Yesterday everyone on the track was getting smoked by this girl.And it looked like she was taking it easy.We were talking to some of the guys inside afterward who have been around a while and they're like "yeah,she's one of the top 3 in the nation right now and can beat most of the guys around here." This area over here is a hot spot for Olympic speed skating talent.Mainly because the clubs around here put an emphisis on starting them young.Alot of the coaches are former Olympians themselves.Its a good strong speed skating community they have here in the cities,fun to be around and learn so much.
School has been going good.On my 3rd week now.My English class is part online so most of my computer time is spent there,thats why I haven't blogged in a while.And I have a lack of content.Once the training season gets under way it should pick up.I noticed they have open volleyball at school so I might get involved with that too. And Don't forget about the Bike swap Feb 11th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home