Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hitting the Dirt

Not much went on this week as it was recovery. I don't know if I said this before but I'm doing 2 week blocks instead of 3 weeks for training this year. After 2 weeks I have a recovery period of 4-5 days. This way I can still get in my good weekend rides every week. So today me and Sam wanted to head up to Elk River for a couple of laps then go up to St Cloud and have Kyia show us around on their trails. The weather said differently,however. So we went to Lebbenon for a couple hot laps and then went to the river bottoms. The river bottom ride was interesting. We got our MORC hrs in for the year. When we arrived at the raft we were just in time to help them put it in. After spending 20 min or so helping them we got across and made it all the way to the Bloomington ferry bridge.The trails are supper fast and dry.Going noth from the 35W bridge is soggier but manageable. We were feeling bit determined and made a tricky log crossing over a steam crossing. One slip would have meant some deep and mucky water.We made it across the Cedar bridge but a few miles further we had to turn around because of high water. I think we could have found a way around but it would have been alot of bush wacking. We were content with our time anyway and we were getting hungery.I'd say mid next week every thing will be dry down there. On the way back I built a little crossing to substitute for the treachorous crossing we did on the way out. After me and Sam made it across a kid tried it and slipped shin deep into the mud. I wish I had the camera for that one. Another camera moment was when me and Sam were booking down the trail and these two teens were lip-locked right on the side of the trail. You know one of those romantic kisses like in the movies with their eyes closed....well, you get the idea. They must have thought they were the only ones down there. Yep, lots of high flying action on the river bottoms. Watch out for falling limbs on these windy days,They were raining down today. -E.O.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure Eric...use the story about the craze dog!!! I would totally be pumped if you wanted to turn it in for an english class!!!!I was being kinda retrospective on my last post as our cat just died
:(

I hope to see you soon
Charlie

Sat Apr 21, 08:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home