Sunday, September 17, 2006

Chequamy-Out of the race but not the fun

Alright kiddies heres the scoop.I never got in this year for the Chequamegon so I was motoing it with Mike Hall and working the handoffs.Funny,I went up to Gary Crandell before the race to get a feeding pass and he must have recognized my name because he said "Why aren't you racing".Me-"I didn't make it in".Gary-"Why didn't you send me an essay".Me-"I did".Then he mumbled something about being on a list.Regardless,I had a blast going fast without suffering.I watched as everyone went by and looked like they wanted to kill someone.Mike was ripping up the trails.He's been riding longer than me so he was smoother through the corners but I could keep up on the flats.I had the silencer out which gives it way more power.All the forest critters were running for cover under the sound of my thunderous 4-stroke engine.We went to about 5 different spots throughout the course.I was handing off some neutral bottles,Doug and Aric Harland were the only ones to take one after the firetower climb.But since I was so busy running around I didn't take any sweet pics so go here for some good pics.Most of the riders on the sidebar raced it.They can tell you more of went on than me.By the time next year rolls around I'll be itching to pound the legs to a pulp.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brendan said...

I hear you are looking for some light components...want some Bontrager Race X Lite disc wheels?
I will give em to you for cost. Probably $450 or so.
Let me know...I will have them after I get back from Vegas.
See ya.

Thu Sep 21, 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home