Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Winding down





After racing the last 4 weekends and my last race 3 weeks away I'm going to take a few days off the bike.Dan said I haven't been updating my blog much either so this will make up for that.
Can't believe only 1 race left this year.But anyway,I've got a work report.The last few weeks I've been working at Basils restaurant in the Marquette Hotel.The one where they have Mary Tyler Moores' table out on the veranda.Its not a big restaurant but its fine dining.Very fancy.That rug pictured above in the waiting lounge with the wine tables is from New Zealand and is made out of wool.I heard about $5,000+ for it.And they put wine tables in there,go figure.I pretty much laid all the base in the place and it looks great for what I had to work with.Some of the walls had a good 1/2 inch bow in only 2' and the base was solid black walnut,not much flex to the stuff and the adhesive didn't have enough time to set up so I ended up caulking the grand canyon on a couple pieces.We were rushing hard at the end of last week.Friday I had to skip lunch but luckily I brought a powerbar to get something in me.The walkthrough was friday afternoon and everyones blood pressure was running high because of a naggy person that was drawing it out longer than needed.In my opinion there was stuff that went unfinished.It was too early to have a walkthrough.The designer wasn't thinking when she drew up the plans for the 2 small front booths and the two booths that are next to the steps going up onto an upper platform.We have to come back latter to redo the 2 front booths because unless your horse jockey your not going to fit.And in order to get into the other two booths by the steps they had us take the screws out of the base so you can move the top over and get in.It was still a nice job to be at though when I think about it,inside,close to the smoothie shop,clean,and not much hard labor.
I got transfered to a church in Plymouth again.It was this time last year that I went to St Barnabas about 2 miles from this church.I'm right off hwy55 and Rockford rd I won't be here long though because its all sub-ed out.
This weekend is the Snow barrens snowmobile grass drags up in Lino Lakes.We try and make it up there once in a while and get a good dose of high octane exhaust.They also make huge woodchip jumps and do freestyle with motorcycles,snowmobiles,and snow hawks.The snowmobile industry always brings in their big name riders and huge team rigs.If the weather is nice, I'm there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home