Monday, August 21, 2006

Powder Monkey

It definately turned into a full house this weekend with all the pros back from the national races.Jeff,Swanson bros,TJ Woodruff,Justin,Paul,and some.3 full laps meant for a longer than usuall race too.Both me and Sam weren't too motivated at the start and we fell to the back of a hard charging pack.With the tight singletrack there weren't many places to pass either.I did slowly pick my way through some riders and I found my groove in the singletrack.There were some sections that I thought I could clear but I ended up brewing a muligan stew out of it and lost some time.I didn't care too much because I was having a blast in the singletrack and the 29er was in its element.because each lap was so long I saw few people on the course on lap 2&3 which I like.I had to keep myself from getting too complacent at times.On the last lap I passed a UofM rider and he kept me on my toes.I put on a sizeable gap through the downhill and ran scared up the puker keeping over a minuite on him.I did feel a bit better climbing this race and I stayed pretty steady throughout.I ended up 12 overall on the day 5 min behind Sam who took 9th.Our waterbottle holders worked real well.I put one together for Sam now we both have our own stand which is very nice.If you haven't seen yet, Sam put his own $.02 in and made some rollers for the bottle to ride on as you grab it.Works pretty slick.Once in a while a bottle wants to bounce off though.Still working on that one.If anyone is interested in buying one let me know,I have the supply to make some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home