Monday, June 26, 2006

Mt Du Lac

I was excited to race some fun singletrack this weekend and I wasn't disappointed.The only thing I forgot were my climbing legs.I cannot find them for the life of me.I was physically and mentally drained for the entire race.The starting climb had my lungs on fire and the legs pinging.Laps 1 and 2 I was sitting on the back end of a train at least 8 deep.Lap 3 and 4 I was searching for a granny gear which I couldn't switch into.And lap 5 I just rallied hard to stay in front of a hard charging 185lb LCR rider.Oh,and at the end I got beat at the sprint with a guy who had no chain.He must run track or something.I slid out on one of the grassy corners comming down to the finish,and that gave him those 2 seconds that he beat me by.Oh, well.I was 17th or something like that.But hey,next week I'm going to be shopping supper hard for a new set of legs in South Dakota and Wyoming.A week of just training and recovering,can't beat that.I can't wait.Right now my mind is just all over the place.Alot of deciding and planning to do.Sorry to make this so blah,but check back in a couple weeks and I should have lots of pics and stories.And hopefully I can redeem myself in the second half of the racing season.-E.O.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home