Sunday, October 30, 2005


Are you crazy?! Posted by Picasa
Lots of stuff lately.Thursday night was Jeff's benefit party.If you haven't heard already, Jeff has set his sights on making the national mtb team for the Olympics in 2008.He will be doing some national and world cup races for the next 2 years to earn enough points to get him a spot on the team. His web site will be up this week and I'll try and post a link. At the end of the party they had raffle prizes and my luck has finally turned for the good. I won one of the grand-dadies, a 3 day 2 night stay atTimber Trail Lodge in Hayward WI.I get a condo on the lake with a pontoon included.How sweet is that! Here fishy fishy.

Friday afternoon I headed up north again to try and make it to my cousins place from our cabin,and make final prep on the deer stands.Sat I headed out by myself on the kowi on the Eagle country atv trail right from our cabin. I was having a blast roaring through the mud puddles and down the double track. But then something happened.I was about 100 yards from the nearest gas station when I ran over some barbed-wire and it got wrapped up in my rear wheel.It wasn't that bad and I was glad it was there and not it the middle of the woods.The previous owner must have slimed the tires because I aired it up and it held.I thought that I did something to the brake caliper because it was pretty loose. I took it easy going back which was about 10 miles.Upon closer inspection of the caliper it was fine.I decided to trailer the bike to the section I wanted to ride and try it from there.That section was alot more fun.Not many wet spots and the trial was like the Ore-to-Shore course.Lots of rocky hills with a mix of fireroads and loose sand.But that was the best riding I've done so far.I didn't quite make it and decided to turn around so I didn't run out of gas.My bike just doesn't have the range that I needed.I did get to know some new trails instead of the same old by our cabin.I figure If I were to make the whole trip it would take about 4-4 1/2 hrs round trip.

I'm going to start hitting the gym this week for some weight training.I feel like I'm getting ready for hibernation while everyone else is still racing and putting in long rides.I just don't have the drive to get out and ride that much. I think that will all change when the snow falls and I can change up the routine.Skiing will bring new motivation.Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home