Monday, January 28, 2008

Sam's Ski Races


Sunday Sam did a prep race at William O'Brian to get ready for the 35km City of the Lakes Loppet next weekend and the 58km Mora Vasaloppet the week after. Not too shabby for his second race. He took 12th out of 81 starters. But to get beat by a 50 year old right in front of him, I don't know. There was also a 19 year old up in the top 5 I think. Now that I think of it, he did ski the City of the Lakes Loppet course out and back, and followed that up with a lap around Lebanon on the mtb afterward the day before. As you can see in the picture Sam does not follow the traditionalist mountain biker ritual of indulging in appetites that are otherwise shunned during the peak training season. His brain has been calloused to the temptations of delicacies that involve boiling vats of oil, sweet decadence, or anything that you can refer to as thick and juicy. His appetite for the premo in clean burning carbohydrates, proprietary blended branched-chain amino acids, and high quality protien isolates, cannot be curbed by anything that would normally make any mortal man weak in the knees. I don't know how he does it.
OH MAMA!
My Chipotle Burrito:

Chipotle Fan.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my cousin (s)-Sam too! Aren't they the greatest? I hope you keeping doing the blog because I enjoy reading it. It keeps "us" family informed. Sunday lunches with Grandma are so rare that I barely know what you boys are up to.

Love ya's,
~Heidi

Thu Jan 31, 09:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home