Saturday, December 29, 2007

Yeah I know I should post something, but it has been slow around here. I've been chilling out since finals and just been enjoying all the snow. Sam has been doing allot of skiing, and he recently signed up for the City of the Lakes Loppet and the Mora Vassalopet. It will be his first time racing the skis. We did the City of the lakes course Christmas day which was great. Lake of the Isles wasn't groomed so we did a lap on the Theo golf course. Almost 3 hrs on the skis and I was drained. I raced the skates for the first time today. You think mtbing has a small turnout, come to the oval. They combined the jr, senior, and Masters and we had 7 in the pack race. It was fun and painful. Here the pain lasts only for a couple minutes max. Slow ice today so we did 1000,800,and 600 meters. They resurface between races so we come in, take the skates off and sit around until the next one. I did alright. I got 4th every time. For the first 2 races everyone came in in the same order and about the same distance apart, about 2 seconds between each guy. I'll bet all this speed work will help out my starts on the mtb. Its all technique to put the power to the ice which is very difficult to get down especially while racing. Oh, and I busted my bridge on my skates last sat (the part that the boot mounts to). So now I'm on some older borrowed skates and its hard to get parts for these things. I'm going to try and get a warrenty, but its getting to be a long story and a long wait. Oh, well that is it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home