Friday, November 16, 2007

Whats Cookin


Check out this bad boy. I came home from school famished. All that was left in the frig was a chunk of leftover venison roast. It was that, peanut butter and jelly, or tuna and crackers. I reluctently eyed up some swiss cheese (my least favorite) and we happened to have some dark bread. It was a winning combination when heated like a grilled cheese. The swiss loses its bitterness when melted like that. I was surprised how well it tasted. Kinda like a MN Ruben.


Here's another good one. My moms very own "Hearty Minnesota Chili". Venison heart, corn, wild rice, and homegrown tomatoes. Baked beans only. We don't like kidney beans. Venison heart is very tender and it has thin tightly packed muscle strands unlike any other muscle. It adds a great wild flavor to the chili.Its gotta be thick too. No soupy chili here.

MN State Cross championships tomarrow. Good chance I'll be there. I could race skates in the morning and the bike in the afternoon, hmmmmmm. Last night I took my first spill on the ice. I came around the corner and I lost my edge. Thats what happens when you have a bur on the edge. I made some adjustments to the skates and now it feels alot better. I'm still not fully confident in my form to race yet. You should see my starts, crap-y.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! Have a great Thanksgiving...say hi to Sam and the rest of the familt for me!

Fri Nov 16, 07:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home