Monday, January 07, 2008

Sam and I have been enjoying the FIS Tour de Ski on WCSN lately. Go Norway! Yesterday were the sprints and things were heated up. Talk about exciting finishes. They also have mtb,cyclocross, and track coverage. I caught some glimpses of Jeff Hall in the field. They have a nice shot of him going through the feed zone all muddy at Offenberg Germany.
Sam raced his first xc-ski race sat at the pre-loppet. Took 32nd. Just did it to get the feel for it. Said it feels like a mtb race with the chaos at the start to get positions before the narrows.
I raced the blades sat morning. Not very good. There was only 3 of us in my race one was a girl. My goal...don't get beat by the girl. I didn't but I did crash in the 500 and hurt my ego. Took second in the 800 and 1000. After the morning races we hooked up with Eric Thompson for some skiing at William O'Brian. Eric is like 18 or 19, 6'-3", 185lbs that is one big dude that can go fast. Sam and I called it after one lap and some broken boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home