Thursday, August 23, 2007

Spirit Mt

Sam and I went up sat morning to Spirit since the cities were so rainy and the North Shore was dry. We did a lap and a half on the revised singletrack and then went downtown and ate at Green Mill. Scott K-J was kind enough to let us stay at his house even on a last min. notice. Thanks Scott. Sarah was doing the Wors cup so we gave him some company. The race was the coldest in a long time. 60 degrees and a strong wind off Superior was cold enough for warmers off the start. I was with the lead group on the first 1/2 lap with the usual riders. Things broke up on the start climb going into the 1st full lap. I was hanging with Ben Moore, Chris Fisher,and Tom Miller. About 10 min into the singletrack I got a flat and Stans sealant was shooting out all over the place. I quick put a tube in only to hear the hiss of air coming out slowly again. I went back to the truck and put a different wheel on and did a lap for the fun of it. Sam did well and took third behind Jeff Hall and Brendan Moore.
This week instead of doing a Ctrl-alt-delete like Brendan did last week I'm doing a complete shutdown. I tried doing easy days after France but didn't feel any better. Its a perfect week to do it though. Its damp, rainy, and my cousin is in from England for the week visiting. Monday we went to the MOA to shop and eat, gathered at my aunts that evening for more eating. Tuesday we went to the Science Museum, saw a video about Greece in the IMAX theatre, went through the new Pompeii exhibit, and looked at some of the other stuff. You could easily spend a full day there with the kids and not see everything. They have so many different exhibits now because of all the room and even miniture golf outside in the backyard. Its a great location overlooking the river. After that, everyone came over to our house to eat some more. Looks rainy today, I guess I can't bike :)





Here's a good one. We climbed this on our "recovery" day along with one other climb. I don't know if you can see them but there were paragliders in the back ground

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay Richards said...

Nice vid clips. Hope the week gets you back to tip top. The week Jake had to be away from his bike for a week helped him for sure. He was hungry mentally and physically when he hopped back on the saddle.

Fri Aug 24, 07:38:00 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Hey man! That video camera was an awesome idea, it's cool to see France the way you guys did.

Wed Aug 29, 08:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home