Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rest

Last friday after a nice block of training I went to get a massage. I think I go through more pain there than I do at a bike race. The guy I had also massaged Greg Lemond when he worked over in the Plymouth branch. He said Greg has a high tolerance for pain because he was pushing off the walls for more pressure, ouch! I never fully realized how tight I was until I started going, they know exactly where the painful spots are and then work them. I recommend getting a deep tissue the day before a rest day because the legs hurt the next day even if you do drink alot of water. A few days after the massage though the legs feel great. By breaking apart the tissues and stretching them out the muscle has more motion and is more efficient. I highly recommend getting one.
After the massage I went over to my cousins house for her 30th b-day party. I let myself loose on the food since the 3 previous days were tough and I went through alot of calories. I had my share of fried chicken and great summer salads. Sat early morning I went to Mammoth for a couple laps before heading out to the Lake Howard area to visit some family friends for the day. Again I ate good, did some fishing, played cowboy golf, and shot some guns. I didn't have my camera at the time but my friend Dylan caught the biggest bass I've personally seen. It was easily 6lbs and I'd say 21 inches. Good to see everyone again. Thanks for having me over, and thanks to Holly for all the great food.
Yesterday I went down to Afton and then up to Marine on the St Croix by me lonesome. I did as many hills as I could find. 100 miles total and averaged 19mph. not bad for almost 4000 ft of climbing. I love the compact cranks, I can climb the steep stuff so much easier and relaxed.That is all for now.
This pic reminds me of Sam and I when we were little up at our cabin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home