Saturday, June 16, 2007

Off Weekend



Sam, Chris Fisher,Eic Thompson and I did a century today. We stayed local and went down to Afton then back up to Marine on the St Croix. Took us 5:08 and had 3200 ft of climbing. Took it easy for the most part. Chris and Eric hammered a few of the hills along the way but no long efforts. I didn't do too bad and felt good to the end,considering I was sick all last week. I get a dry throat once in a while and morning cough but I have all my energy back.
I posted some parts on Craigs list last week and now it looks like I have some costumers to do tune-ups and part swaps for. This one guy bought an older Cannondale Super-V and it turned out he needed more than just my v-brakes. It was kind of a hastle trying to figure out something that would work since he had 7 speed components. I got him running on 8 speed for the weekend with some mis-match parts so he can ride. Now he's going to refer a bunch of his buddies to me for work on their bikes. Sounds good to me, I need the $.
Tomarrow we go in for our pre France trip meeting. Picking up our plane tickets and meeting all the riders. The trip is well planned out,Cynthia Lawton-Abery is doing a sweet job at coordinating everything. All we have to do is show up with our bikes at the airport and go.
2 more weeks of math and I'm done:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Farrow said...

Eric...this is a bad weekend for me as my wife works all weekend at the hospital, so I am grounded with offspring, I am gonna race, but I need to get a baby sitter, etc...try Scotty and Sara Johnson or Rosscoe @ Ski Hut...I'm sorry, but if and when you get married and have kids and still want to race bikes every weekend, you'll understand my "dicey" situation:(

Mon Jun 18, 07:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home