Friday, August 10, 2007

A dusty Ore-to-Shore last year
I'm going to be heading out for Marquette MI in a bit for the Ore-to-Shore. This is the first race in the "Triple Crown" for the midwesterners. 50 mile point to point race with a mass start of around 800-900 riders I believe for last years race. My predictions: Mike Simmonson will win if he has the same form as last year. He went solo for almost the entire race last year to take the win. But I think the lead group will be Mike, Doug Swanson, Brian Matter, and the "Eppen Express" tandem who won 2 years ago. I'll go out on a limb and say Sam might be up there too because he is on fire right now. I know he is climbing like a rocket so we'll see how fast he can push the big ring on the flats. The chase group will Have Jesrin, Sam if he can't hold the pace of the lead and hopefully me. I'm hoping Matt Muyers can be up with us too to have another teammate in the pack. I know there will be some locals and some WI people in there to mix it up as well. Right after the race we will high tail it back home so we can make it to Welch on Sunday. Man, I sound like a pro with all the traveling now. After this weekend things start to settle down a bit. I also start school in another 2 weeks. The summer is going too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home