Sunday, January 15, 2006

Toughing it out

Well after really thinking it through I've decided to stay home after all. I thought about what it would be like to drive 21hrs alone...and comming back.I figure I really would be spending more time driving instead of training.Even if I split it up in a couple days I have to drive 8 hrs stop find a decent route.... yada,yada. I'll just tough it out around here or something.Maybe I'll just drive to different locations around here to get a change of scenery.Only if I had a snowmobile right now I'd have some fun on that. At least I can ride in daylight now, thats a big plus.The weather is going to change again and turn the roads crappy again.They were so nice the last week or so. Dry roads in Jan,you couldn't ask for much more...nice weather too.

For a little tech talk-I got some Tufo valve extentions and those are the only way to go.I'm going to be running my Zipp 303's with Tufo C S3 Light 215 gram tires.They're those tubular clinchers.You can run 220 psi in those suckers.They have like 440 tpi! Anyway I had the Zipp extentions and they stink because you have to run the valve open all the time.With the Tufo you take the valve core out and thread it into the top of the extention making it so you can close the valve.Would anyone recommend putting the tire sealant in or do you think I'm being too cautious since their my race only tires?

Who's racing the mtb race Feb 8 in ST Paul? What,a MTB race? you ask Yeh, did you hear about that time trial format through the skyways right in downtown. Red Bull is promoting it and it starts in the Galtier Plaza and runs almost a mile through the skyways to the Xcel energy center.Morc has it on their website. It starts at 7:00pm and runs untill all the 50 preselected riders finish the course. Their will be stairs,tight corners,doorways ,ramps,and other items brought in to make it interesting. I heard some xc racers were selected.Does anyone know who?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home