Sunday, January 08, 2006

Who let the dogs out!


Dang, I wish I had the bike with the fenders Posted by Picasa
Yep, looked nice when we started but the weather quickly changed for the worst today. I should have looked at the radar before I left to my aunts house with my bike and I ended up regreting it.

Yesterday me and Sam took our usuall 4 hr weekend ride and it was kind of interesting.Going south out of Scandia we decided to take a little scenic detour that was new to us to put a little more time on the clock. It was some nice twisty windy streets, and we came to a climb that was the biggest on this ride."This should be fun" I say to Sam. Then about halfway up the hill "Crap!,Dog!" I yell.And here comes this massive chocolate lab, looks like mixed with mastif or something. It ran after us up the road a bit but the owner was calling him back, and I asked him to kick his dog for me in what breath I had. All was good after the adrenaline wore off.But wait, there's more. A while later this total hillbilly truck passes us with a guy in blaze orange driving and a dog next to him.I said to Sam "wasn't that the dog that just chased us"? "It looked like it". When we got to the end of the road we took a right and here that truck was on the side of the road. As we approach it, the dude opens his door and runs out guns a blazing and we start running evassive manuver patterns all over the road.Not! but I had you going didn't I. No, I thought he was going to unleash his dog back on us or something but he actually appologized,and said the typical "he won't hurt you,he's harmless".Man, I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that one. Yeh, harmless untill one of those meaty chew toys goes rolling past his territory on two wheels.Don't kid yourself people, they'll get you if they have the chance.
It was a good ride though and Sam is strong right now.Dude, he led like the whole ride in the big cookie with the bottle-o-bullets just grinding everything out. While I'm back there with a mind meld on his hub. I keep telling myself now isn't the time to be fast anyway just put the time in and speed will come later.There's still 3 months to go.

Tuesday as master Yoda would say "Apprentice no longer, journeyman you must be". Thats right I will offically be a journeyman. Where has the time gone? Its been almost 4 years now. I've learned in this trade that you will never master every aspect of carpentry.(with the exception of Bob Villa and Norm Abrams) There is something new all the time ,and your an idiot if you let it get to your head thinking you know more and are better than the rest of your crew. Its a team effort out on the job site and it takes alot of communication to keep everything moving smoothly. Age doesn't mean anything either.I probably will be schooled by a young apprentice when I'm old too someday.Because some people are more experienced in different areas that maybe you haven't done much of,so you have to keep an open mind to everyone and respect each other no matter what their position.

Thats it for now.This week is a recovery week so I'll have time to do other stuff and have a little break.See ya- E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home